We don’t do guesswork. We do facts and figures and probabilities. Our approach to advice has been recognised and awarded, because it works.
WE WORK WITH THE QUIET ACHIEVERS
Our approach to advice isn’t based on the latest flashy financial product or get rich quick scheme. We believe in the fundamentals and extensive financial modelling of our clients’ situation, to remove doubt and provide certainty.
Want to get started immediately ?
Book a Strategy Session today and find out what’s possible.
You want the best from your financial circumstances, but want it made easy instead of arduous.
You want clear direction about how to achieve the lifestyle you’ve worked hard to build well into the future.
You are seeking to retain options and certainty over your life choices now and well into your retirement years.
- Pre-retirees in their early 60s.
- Wanted to know if they could retire and still be able to achieve their dreams and the extensive travel they both wished to do.
- We determined that if they wanted to travel overseas every year they would have to work for another 12 months. If they were happy to travel overseas every second year they could retire now.
- The second alternative was to take on more risk in their portfolio – which they were not comfortable with.
- They decided then and there in the meeting that they would rather retire now and travel every second year.
- They have now been clients for approximately 3 years and are really enjoying their retirement and extensive travel.
- Retirees with an SMSF in their late 60s.
- They wanted assistance with appropriate investments as well as the administration and compliance requirements of running their SMSF.
- Also wanted to form a relationship with a financial adviser in the event that if the husband is unable to continue managing the SMSF they had a trusted adviser that could continue to provide ongoing advice and assistance to ensure that they can maintain their retirement standard of living.
- We advised them of an appropriate investment portfolio as their current investments would not have allowed them to maintain their retirement standard of living.
- We also provided them some advice on maximising their Centrelink Age Pension entitlements as well as providing recommendations around their Estate Planning needs.
- We implemented these recommendations and continue to work with them to ensure the portfolio meets their requirements.
- Gen X clients in their late 30s who initially came to see us to ensure they had the right level of protection for their family as they have two young children and a mortgage.
- We provided advice on appropriate levels of protection that was tax effective and did not impede on their cash flow.
- As a result of these discussions we also provided advice on estate planning, appropriate supers and investments within their supers to ensure they will be able to meet their retirement goals.
- At one of the Strategy Update meetings they indicated they wished to upgrade their home and considered the option of keeping the existing home as an investment property. We completed with them different modelling projection scenarios to see how much they could spend on a new home and yet still be able to maintain a comfortable lifestyle as that was one of their primary concerns.
- As a result they purchased a new home and made the decision to not keep their existing home as it would have affected their lifestyle. We determined an alternative strategy that could still build their wealth at the same level as maintaining their existing home as an investment property without impeding on their cash flow and lifestyle.
HOW WE WORK
good words. good people.
"Helen and I are most grateful for the great work you and the Team have done for us."
"Keep up the good work so we can continue to have a happy retirement!!!!"
"You really do a great job. It's a complex, ever changing world. Your ongoing assistance is greatly appreciated!"
MEET THE TEAM
George Tsakiris – Financial Adviser
George established Advance Financial Planning in 2006 and was previously a Financial Planner with AMP Financial Planning. He is a Certified Financial Planner and a Self-Managed Super Fund Specialist Advisor with over 10 years’ experience as a financial planner. George is a current member of the Financial Planning Association and the Self-Managed Super Fund Association.
George is passionate about providing holistic advice to his clients that is conflict free.
George lives locally in Research with his family who are all involved in the local Wildcats Basketball Club. George values keeping fit and healthy in both body and mind.
LISA WILLIAMS – COMMUNICATIONS/CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER
Lisa joined Advance Financial Planning in February 2014 and has over 10 years’ experience in the financial services sector/superannuation.
Her role as Communications/Client Services Manager is to assist clients with implementation and administration duties as well as managing marketing and communications for the practice.
Lisa lives in Eltham with her family and enjoys playing netball and being actively involved in her children’s activities.
Karen Maher – Practice Manager
Karen joined Advance Financial Planning in 2010 with a wealth of experience in administration management. Since joining the team she has completed a Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning) as well as the Kaplan Self-Managed Superannuation Funds course.
As the Practice Manager her role oversees the implementation and administration of all facets of the financial planning process.
Karen lives locally in Research and in her spare time enjoys going to the gym and spending time with her daughter.
COME AND WORK WITH US